The Pocket Penetrometer was originally developed for use by field personnel in checking visual classification of soils. Data was compiled on several thousand unconfined compressive strength tests of silty clays and clayey soils against the penetrometer readings to develop the scale.
- Direct-reading scale in tons/sq. ft. and kg/sq. cm
- Ground and polished stainless steel loading piston
- Calibrated spring and penetrometer body plated for rust resistance and long life
- Convenient belt-loop style carrying case
- Optional Adapter Foot for testing very soft materials